The ingredient of Hot and sour prawn soup
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) fish stock
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger or galangal, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500g green king prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 100g enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced (see tip)
- 1 cup (55g) beansprouts
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
The instruction how to make Hot and sour prawn soup
- Remove roots from the coriander and reserve the leaves. Wash roots and finely chop. Place coriander roots, fish stock, half the lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, finely shred the remaining lime leaves and set aside. Add the prawns, lime juice, fish sauce and mushrooms to the soup and cook for 2-3 minutes or until prawns change colour and curl. Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with reserved coriander leaves, chilli, beansprouts, green onion and shredded lime leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Hot and sour prawn soupfatContent: