Super-healthy vegetables and legumes bathe in a bowl of tangy low-GI tomato soup in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Vegetable and macaroni soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups tomato passata (pasta sauce)
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDAu00ae Granular
- 1/3 cup dried macaroni
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Vegetable and macaroni soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, celery, carrot and zucchini, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add passata, SPLENDAu00ae and 4 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add pasta. Return to the boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until pasta are vegetables are tender.
- Add beans and peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until beans and peas are heated through. Serve sprinkled with basil.
Nutritions of Vegetable and macaroni soupfatContent: 141.01 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein